Moving forward ...
Staying connected with family and friends (and your family doctor) is important. The last two years have resulted in many new ways of doing things, some are positive, some not so easy. Being connected with other people is still important, exercise is too. Our clinic continues to offer you the option of in person and virtual (telephone or video) care.
Maternity Care, Meet the Doctors
Many of our clinic doctors specialize in Family Practice Obstetrics (Maternity Care). More information in the staff Bios. Meet the Doctors Night, provides patients of FPMS Group 2 with another opportunity to prepare for birth and to meet the doctors on the Group 2 team. We hope that all of our patients will attend with their partners and support people. For information please see https://birthdocs.ca
888docs clinic is open!
Our clinic has been open for both in-person and virtual visits all through the pandemic. At this time (Summer 2022) all patients are welcome to book in person visits (unless you are required to self isolate for covid 19 infection). When booking your appointment type, please remember that infections, joint problems, chest pain, skin rashes and lumps are examples that need an in-person appointment. Continuing care is an important part of family medicine and provides the best care. So please always try book an appointment with your regular doctor.
If you are looking for information about your covid testing, vaccination and booster doses, please look at BC Covid Information
NOT ACCEPTING new patientsNew Patients for Maternity Care Only: Drs. Balaisis, de Valence, Plavsic and Tranquilli-Doherty & are accepting new patients for Maternity Care only. Please have your family doctor fax a referral to 604-874-3099. If you don't have a family doctor call 604-874-0261 to book an appointment.
Hours of Operation
- Mon8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tue8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- SatClosed - .
- SunClosed - .
Our ClinicWe are your Medical Home
At 8th Ave Family & Maternity we care for you and your family. We are the medical home that supports you over the years and through the various parts of the health care system ensuring that you experience the highest quality care. We practice the 4 principles of family medicine: first-contact for care, continuity of care, comprehensive care, and coordination of care. We value holistic person-centered care where all aspects of health are taken into […]Learn More
- Appointments can be booked online at any time, or by telephone between 8am and 5pm. We have both pre-booked and same day appointments available so that you do not need to go to walk in clinics or have unnecessary emergency department visits. Please phone the clinic if you are worried and cannot find an appointment time.
- Online booking for regular and telephone appointments is available at https://veribook.com/lp/8thAve/
- Longer appointments are needed for new mental health concerns, IUD insertions, mole and lump removals, and complete physicals. Please phone the clinic for these appointments.
- Continuity is important. Please always try book an appointment with your regular doctor. If that is not available, please book an appointment with another doctor in our clinic.
- Regular appointments are the most common appointment type and are usually 10 minutes long. We ask you to limit your problems to 2 each visit, so that we can properly address the problem.
- Well infant visits, prenatals and pap tests are also examples of regular appointments.
- Regular appointments can be booked online
- Long appointments need to be arranged with your doctor or the receptionist.
- Complete physicals, counselling visits, first WBC visits are examples of long appointments.
- If you are unsure of the appointment type, please call us at 604.8740261
- Please cancel your appointment 24 hrs in advance. If you do not arrive for an appointment, you will be charged $50.00
- Complete physicals are not needed by most healthy people and are not a good way of “checking up on things”.
- They are only coverd by MSP if you have a chronic disease. Examples of these are Hypertension, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Epilepsy any type of Cancer. Please ask your doctor or one of our team if this applies to you.
- Usually you will need some blood tests before your physical, so please make sure to ask when making your appointment.
- Children also do not need to have complete physicals, unless they have a chronic disease.
- Employment, camp and sports physicals are another type of complete physical examination. These physicals are not covered by your MSP and the costs are listed under Policies: Services not covered by MSP.
Thank you for your patience and kindness during this pandemic. In order to be prepared for your visit in our clinic, here is an update of what is happening at the office. For all in-person visits, our front staff will ask you Covid-19 screening questions on arrival. If you answer yes to any of the […]
Vaccinations are only going to be carried out at designated vaccination sites, not at physician’s offices at this point. Seniors can start phoning to book appointments beginning the week of March 8 – based on age: Week of March 8-13 seniors who are 90 years + or Indigenous people who are 65 years + Week […]
The first supply of a COVID-19 vaccine has arrived in BC. Please note that the COVID-19 vaccine is not available for everyone at this time. Vaccines will be distributed in phases over the coming months. The first phase of 4,000 doses will be given to frontline health providers working in long-term care, assisted living, ICUs, […]
- 888 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 3Y1, Canada