Our doctors now offer our patients online video appointments during regular office hours. You can access our services from anywhere, via most computer or mobile devices with a stable internet connection. Telemedicine visits are covered by the provincial health plan (MSP). Please note you do need to call the office to book a telehealth appointment, and this service is only available for patients of 8th Avenue Family Practice. For video consultations we use Doxy.me, or Zoom for Healthcare. These companies are committed to complete privacy between healthcare providers and their clients.
If you are having trouble logging in on your browser, please call our staff at 604-874-0261 for assistance at the time of the appointment.
Please follow these steps BEFORE your first telehealth appointment:
Please note this email address is not regularly monitored so do not email messages that require urgent attention – please call the office for urgent matters.
At the time of your appointment:
- Please read and sign the consent form (here) to use electronic communication. Email it to email@example.com
- Read the patient handout for Zoom (here) or Doxy.me (here).
Please note that not all visits are suitable for a telephone or video visit. If you are not sure if your visit is suitable, please call the office to ask.
Visits Not Suitable for Phone or Video:
- Please have your preferred pharmacy information handy – phone & fax numbers
- If you have any difficulties connecting please call our staff at 604-874-0261 for assistance.
- If you can't hear your doctor, please ensure the volume on your computer or mobile device is turned up to an appropriate level.
- If there are technical difficulties we cannot resolve your doctor will convert the visit to telephone.
Suitable Visits for Phone or Video:
- emergencies or serious health concerns
- visits requiring a physical exam
- newborn exams and some prenatal care visit
- motor vehicle accidents (ICBC)
- workplace injuries (WorkSafe)
- first prenatal visits, and most prenatal visits under 14 weeks
- well baby visits if weight can be taken at home using any type of scale
- mental health check-ins and counselling
- general health questions and advice, especially minor problems not requiring a physical exam
- medication review and renewals
- re-referrals to specialists
- referrals to allied health professionals (physio, massage etc)
- review of lab results
- follow up of chronic ongoing health conditions
- If you are not sure if your visit is suitable, please call the office to enquire.